|Job Change||2nd Job|
|Job Class||Magician Class|
|Previous Job||Dark Magician|
|Job preferred Weapon(s)|
Chaos Magician. Skilled in the ways of dark magic, the Chaos Magician is a true damage dealer. With the ability to unleash high amounts of damage to any opponent, the Chaos Magician should be approached with caution.
The Chaos Magician is the evolution of the Dark Magician that expands on attack spells, rather than making traps, de-buffs and self buffs (Warlocks). Chaos Magicians are noted for doing some of the highest damage in the game with powerful single and area of effect spells.
- Chaos magicians have extremely high damage dealing skills that have some of the highest, if not the highest, attack power of any skills in the game.
- Very low P.Def. so they cannot take much damage at all.
- Very high aggro acquisition ability with the high power of the spells.
- These two combined can lead to a dangerous situation in that if the party tank loses aggro to the Chaos Magician, the mobs can take him or her out before the aggro can be controlled/reacquired.
- Fire arrow/Lightning Bolt- The esential spam spells for a CM, used rapidly for basic but considerable damage.
- Dark Spiral - Provides massive AoE damage to a wide area; possibly the strongest offense spell in the game.
- Meteor Shower - Causes wide AoE fear for longer than any other fear spell. Very long Cool Down.
- Heaven's Breaker - Powerful AoE stun with high probability of hitting.
|Blue Pixie||MP Recov.||Normal Basic||Good for extended soloing and survivability. Uses weak ranged attacks.|
|Red Pixie||M.Atk||Normal Basic||Good Damage Dealer helper with strong ranged attacks.|
|Siren||M.Atk and M.Acc||Normal Basic||Unity helps you deal more damage now, great to debuff mobs, but doesnt deal much damage it self. If used right can keep you safe|
|Unicorn||Max MP Increase||Special Basic||Increases Mp since most skills require a lot of it Good healer in DPs.|
|Ice Maiden||M.Atk and Cast Spd||Normal Rare||Great unity for spaming. Better for soloing because of DC isues. Slightly Difficult to attain for under R6|
|Angel||M.Atk and P.Def - great for Cm||Normal Rare||Great for tanking, healing, and magic offense all in one. Great pet for survivability. Difficult to attain.|
|Naga||High M.Atk - great for Cm||Normal rare||Very Good for debuffs and damage output in pvp or dp. Difficult to attain.|
|Ifrit||High M.Atk and M.Def||Special rare||High damage output and spams with HOT skill and healing. Very difficult to attain.|
|White Dragon||High M.Atk and P.Def - best for Cm||Unique||Extremely High damage output. Nearly impossible to get.|
| Rank 3 ||Asura|
|Demonhide Garb||Hellish Garb|
| Rank 4 ||Asura|
|Sacred Robe||Druid of Belief|
| Rank 5 ||All races|
|Steel Devil Robe||Meteoric Robe||Druid of Proud|
| Rank 6 ||All races|
|Robe of Rejection||Druid of Departed Soul|
| Rank 7 ||Lv 150||Lv 155||Lv 160|
|Crystalline Robe||Nemesis Armor||Stasis Robe|
- Two-Handed Staves (Best option for maximum M.Atk)
- Dirk + Shield (Option for better survival rate,but it's better to use 2h staffs) With the most recent Epic's, this is almost non-existent.
- 1 handed Staff + Magewall shield. If done properly, will provide your character with a higher Magic Attack than 2 handed staff, but can become much more expensive with needing to enchant both staff and shield.
- Int/Vit - Useful at lower levels for higher defense and damage output.
- Int/Wis - Useful at any level for magical accuracy. Mainly for PvE.
- M. Atk/Int - Highest possible damage output at the cost of poor survivability.
- Int/MP Recov - Useful at lower levels for faster mana regeneration and damage output.
- Vit/Wis - Better viable build for survivability, high mana regeneration, high accuracy but lower damages output
Utilize the fact that most of the Chaos Magicians stronger attacks are not a single hit, but rather sprays of damage.
Considering this, wearing a luck ring as an option to an intelligence ring is highly recommended as it increases your critical ratio. At higher levels, such as rank 5 or rank 6, a luck ring can give up to 5-6% critical ratio. With so many sprays of damage from i.e. the Dark Spiral a critical hit is due to land and in most cases, several critical hits. Be careful that you do not take agro from the tank or you will die.
Job level bonus statsEdit
- Job Level 1
- Job Level 5
- Job Level 10
- Job Level 15
- Job Level 20
- Job Level 25
- Job Level 30
- Job Level 35
dispel any incoming debuffs for duration
- Job Level 40