The Ice Maiden was added to Rappelz as of Epic 7 part 2 (30th March 2011). She is a female character who stands on a floating platform of ice. Her first evolution sees her as a child trapped in a floating block of ice. She is a magic-based damage-dealing pet with a unity which grants m.atk and cast speed. The Ice Maiden comes tamed as a quest reward.
Although they don't look particularly flashy, Ice Maidens boast an incredible amount of damage dealing potential. An unstaged Ice Maiden boasts the second highest damage output (for a mage pet) when compared to the rest of the unstaged mage pets.
Their weakness is low survivability and lack of crowd control. They excel in 1 on 1 fights against mobs but cannot last long if multiple mobs attack them.
Recommended Build(s)[edit | edit source]
- Full attention must be made to active skills, M.Atk Awakening, and unity.
- Shadow Illusion: This Skill toggle reduces threat generated by the pet by 40% at level one, vastly reducing the chance that the Ice Maiden will draw Aggro from a monster when fighting. While running this skill Vit stones are rarely needed, allowing the Ice Maiden to focus more on dealing damage. It is generaly not advised to use more than level one of Shadow Illusion due to the steep mp cost.
- Gear: 2-Handed Staff + MageWall - This setup offers the most damage possible, even more so when Matk durability is used
- Survivability: If shadow Illusion is not being used, warrior armour can be used for more base defense.
- Best build Stones (Int + Wis /Matk)
Additional information[edit | edit source]
Prior to Epic 7.3, the Glacier Smash skill would randomly cause the Rappelz game client to crash without error or warning which was a particular annoyance in hardcore dungeons. Epic 7.3 has reportedly fixed that issue, although some players still disconnect when Glacier Smash is used.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Base Stats[edit | edit source]
Skills[edit | edit source]
Evo 1: Arctic Damsel[edit | edit source]
Evo 2: Glacial Princess[edit | edit source]
Evo 3: Frost Queen[edit | edit source]
|100||Creation: Ice Maiden Potion||Fairy Queen's Blessing||Awakening: M.Atk.||Awakening: M.Def.|
|105||Aura of Ice||-|
|120||Freezing Blast||Bless the Body||Bless the Soul|
|140||Frost Spiral||Awakening: HP, MP Regen|
|145||Unity: Ice Maiden||Vision of Intelligence|
|150||Frost Queen's Vengeance||Eden's Blessing|