|This article is a stub. You can help by|
|Job Change||Master Class|
|Job Class||Magician Class|
Healer/ Damage Dealer/ Support
|Job preferred Weapon(s)||
Gaia Magician Master Class
Increased recovery skill for multiple targets. It can get additional magical effect due to increased Earth skill, and it supports avatar and its party members by using buff skills like Luck.
- Higher level heals
- New instant heals and party heals
- New and improved buffs
- Higher levels of Crowd Control and Damage skills
- New passives
- Mana cost can become a problem with certain builds and skill setups
- Cooldowns didn't get any better
- Still no spam
- Tectonic Spike
- Lvl 30 Restoring Purified Water
- Angel Force
[List of broken skills and features, if applies]
- Magus is a very versatile class that can play a multitude of roles in every aspect of the game. Choice of pet is entirely up to the user and their preference for their role. Not including Soul Pets, here are a few suggestions:
- Party-based Support
- Siren - Very useful for debuffing
- Blue Pixie - Compliments your heals with their Staged Skill
- Golem - Heavy spike heals for tight situations
- Angel - Can be viable, also has a mediocre party heal and Pdef Debuff
- Ifrit - Has decent heals and also contributes decent passive damage
- Solo Field Farming
- Skeleton - Only really useful for the Unity. Generally not advised
- Harpy - One of the best pets for the farming Magus. Very nice unity + ranged skills
- Any ranged pet can contribute potentially faster kill speed
- Any pet with Patk or AtkSpd unity can compliment your own kill speed
- Pets generally don't last long in PvP so you'll either pick a heal pet or a tanky distraction. Magus does not have any pet-specific passives or buffs so pets are strictly utility at this point.
- Pets can also mess up your CC rotations if you're not careful (I.E. Your Blue Pixie attacking an opponent you just Sealed can break the seal).
- Blue Pixie - Very overall, contributes to every area of play for the vast majority of classes
- Unicorn - Also very balanced. The Rank 7 skill amplifies your own stats, the blind can be incredibly useful, the heal is equivalent to that of an Angel, and the reduced aggro skill can save lives
- Magus generally does not have a one-size-fits-all build, they vary greatly between what the Magus chooses to do. Broken up between PvE and PvP
- Dex/Agi - The typical stone setup for a farming Magus using a Longbow or Crossbow. Magus has no spam skill so farming with a staff is as painful as it is slow. Crossbow provides generally higher DPS until a Longbow is enchanted to an appropriate level. Belt pets and boss cards can vary but generally aim for: 30%+ Dexterity/Ranged Attack, 30%+ Attack Speed
- NOTE: +3 Support of Gust is strongly advised to maintain permanent Gust. This frees up belt space and you could probably swap out a few stones to maintain your desired plateau with Gust.
- Int/Wis - A party-oriented setup aimed at support. The Magus is capable of solo healing most parties under the right circumstances, although this is extremely risky and generally not advised unless you're very experienced doing this. Magus passives scale int incredibly high and the Magus gets instant heals and party heals at Master Class. The Int is meant purely for increasing the amount of heals, since most mobs, aside from bosses, die too fast for the DoTs to fully work their course. Wisdom is meant for Mana Regeneration and Macc for debuffing bosses. Your belt pets will consist of a normal mage setup: 30%+ Wisdom/Macc, 30%+ Int/Matk, and your choice of Boss Card
- For Cube parties specifically, Magus has a semi-spammable MovSpd debuff that can stack with Arctic Blast. Especially for Butkadah, 3 stacks of Arctic Blast + Magus debuff can make for perfect kiting, allowing your tank, if ranged, to make full use of their time DDing instead of running around. This does require a very healthy amount of Wisdom for both you and your Cardinal.
- Wis/Vit - A very safe and generally strong build for a Magus. The Matk scaling on Magus DoT skills aren't exactly as high as the scaling on a Void Mage's spams. Therefore, the Magus resorts to a war of attrition through the intricate stringing of CC skills based on cooldowns. Magus is capable of keeping a single target CC'd for the longest amount of time, given the choice of Dura equipment and skill cards.
- For a tanky build such as this, Anessa, Argoth, Rynn, or rakashi are recommended to make the Magus even tankier and provide a very high amount of mitigation via Mres, Pdef, and sheer HP. The perfect belt setup contains 30%+ Wisdom/Macc/Mres, 30%+ Vitality/Pdef/HP, and Boss Card is optional.
- Int/Wis or Int/Vit - More of a mage-type build designed to eliminate a single target in a single skill rotation. The choice of Wis or Vit depends on user preference, however, Wis is more recommended since the Magus is entirely relient on Macc based skills. Belt pets would include 30%+ Int/Matk, 30%+ Wis/Macc/Mres and/or 30%+ Vit/Pdef/HP. Boss card is optional.
- Crit focused - The specifics of this build are entirely up to the user, as is the viability of this build. Magus excels in single targets and small groups due to their progressive damage and abundance of CC skills and heals. However, Magus is a Gaia and can make very good use of Mental Concentration in a crit-oriented build, although not 100% necessary. The Crit focused build is designed to dispatch a single target in the least amount of time necessary by sacrificing either pure damage or survivability.
[Table of costumes that can be worn by the job]
[Table of helmets that can be worn by the job]
[Tables of the weapons that are preferred by the job; one sub section per type]
Job level bonus stats
Left Column: Healer Path
|Spiritual Attunement||1 TP
Passive: Increases the amount of MP you gain from potions, scrolls, and food by 40%
|Healing Gust||1 TP||1/1||Heals the target and bounces to a number of nearby party members and creatures. Healing reduced after each bounce. Cannot bounce to the same target multiple times. Healing reduced by 20% each bounce. CD = 4 sec.|
1/3 2/3 3/3
|Enhances the effect of Healing Gust and reduces its cooldown. Each level reduces bounce penalty by 4% and cooldown by 0.3 sec.|
|Restoring Purified Water||JP||30/30||Heal over time spell that lasts 16 sec. Heals every 3 sec. CD = 1.5 sec|
|Spirit of Restoration||JP||30/30||Summons a spirit that recover nearby characters and pets in the Magus' party for 10 seconds. CD = 3min|
|Angelic Mist||JP||10/10||Instantly restores health to a single target. CD = 2sec.|
|Mirrored Swiftness||JP||10/10||Passive: Reduces the cooldown of Deadly Petrifaction (not to be confused with Explosion of Petrification) by 6 seconds whenever you use your Reflection of the Soul and Gale of Reflection spells.|
|Ponder||JP||4/4||Passive: +7% Int, +7% Wis|
|Ancestral Vessel||JP||10/10||Passive: Your Angelic Mist spell has a chance of reducing the cooldown of your Spirit of Restoration spell|
Middle Column: Damage Dealer Path
|2/2||Passive: Increases your M.Atk by a percent of your Intelligence|
|Tectonic Spike||1 TP||1/1||A spell that deals fire and earth damage over time for 5 seconds with a CD of 10 seconds|
|Earth And Fire||JP||2/3||Passive: Increases the damage of your Tectonic Spike skill|
|Explosion of Petrification||JP||20/20||A spell that petrifies your enemy for 12 sec and deals earth damage over time every 3 seconds for 12 seconds. Target can be attacked CD = 30 sec.|
|Scorching Flame||JP||20/20||A spell that burns the enemy for 16 sec; dealing fire damage over time every 3 sec. CD = 30sec|
|Bleak Squall||JP||10/10||Deals air damage and applies a -30% movement speed debuff for 10 sec. Uses both P.Atk and M.Atk. CD = 10sec.|
|Mental Link||JP||10/10||Passive: Player Gains 30% of Creatures Int. and Wis.|
|Versatility||JP||10/10||Passive: +100 P.Atk, and +100 M.Atk.|
|Earthly Presence||JP||10/10||Passive: 100% Resistance to all seals|
|Cyclone Lord's Blessing||JP||10/10||Passive: 15% of Max MP is converted into P.atk, and M.atk. Gain 100% of your P.Atk as M.Atk.|
|Natural Sorcery||JP||30/30||Passive: +160 M.atk, of player|