- This page is about the non-ethereal Soul Stones. To read about those, visit Ethereal Soul Stones.
A soul stone provides a boost to one of these six basic stats: (Str, Vit, Agi, Int, Wis, Dex).
Of course any ability that is derived from that stat will also receive a boost when such a soul stone is activated.
- If an item has 2 sockets then you can socket only one stone per basic stat.
- If an item has 4 sockets then you may socket up to 2 stones that boost the same basic stat.
To socket items, take your item and soul stones to the soulcrafter at any of the villages. They will socket an item for a small rupee fee.
To socket two lucid shards you must make two separate requests of the soulcrafter: socketing just one lucid shard per request. The end result is two lucid shards socketed on your equipment. (You cannot have two of the same soul stones in the same equipment now unless it is a 2H weapon then you can have two of one type of soulstone and two of another.)
Once socketed, a stone cannot be removed from an item however, the soulcrafter will socket another stone over the top of an existing stone. The existing stone is lost in the process. Just be sure to drag and drop the new stone onto the correct socket!
To activate socketed stones you must equip the item and your character level must be equal to or higher than the Limit Level advertised in the tool tip description for the stone. If you are not high enough level then you receive zero benefit from that stone.
As you use a socketed item its Soul Power is slowly drained. The soulcrafter will consume some of your available lak to recharge Soul Power to 100%. You do not pay any rupee for a Soul Power recharge.
The drain of soul power is in proportion to how much the item is used. Weapons drain fastest followed by armor, boots, gloves, and helmets.
Types of soul stoneEdit
A soul stone is identified by:
- color according to which basic stat it affects
- name according to whether it is a:
- Basic stone - dropped by a normal mobs and "Champion" [+] mobs in the field
- Rare stone - dropped by normal [++] and "Boss" [**] mobs in dungeons or by some "Boss" [*] mobs in the field
- Epic stone - dropped by a "Dungeon Boss" [??] mob
Basic stones provide the smallest boost to any given stat, while Epic stones provide the largest boost.
In the Description column above, replace the ellipsis (...) with one of the six names in each column header according to whichever basic stat is of interest.
As a quick tip, here are what each stat influences:
- Str: increases P.Atk. (2.8 Melee)
- Vit: increases HP (30), P.Def. (1.67)
- Int: increases M.Atk. (2), MP (30)
- Wis: increases M.Def. (2), M.Res. (0.5), M.Acc. (0.4), MP Recov.(4.1)
- Agi: increases Evasion (0.5), Atk.Spd. (0.1), Ranged P.Atk. (1.2)
- Dex: increases Acc. (0.5), M.Acc. (0.125), Ranged P.Atk. (2)