|Job Change||2nd Job|
|Job Class||Magician Class|
|Previous Job||Dark Magician|
|Job preferred Weapon(s)|
Warlocks are shade based casters that focus on Curses and Magical Traps.
The Warlock is the evolution of the Dark Magician that emphases on debuffs and traps rather than area of effect spells. (Chaos Magician). The Warlock is possibly the most misunderstood job in the game. Warlocks can be very powerful however, their powerful debuffs and traps greatly amplifying their steady stream of damage.
Highlights[edit | edit source]
Tactics[edit | edit source]
A Warlock's soloing can be described as 'kill the mob before it reaches you'. This can be accomplished in several ways, depending on what type of mobs you're facing. When soloing normal field mobs, the general idea is to kill quick and preserve MP. To get the best bang for your MP, use a lower level of Fire Arrow and Lightning Bolt. It's always wise to use Corpse MP Drain whenever possible, to help MP upkeep. When HP gets low, Life Leech will help out greatly.
When soloing dungeon mobs, several tactics exist, the easiest of which is to Nightmare the mob, get close to it, place a Fear Trap and then take it down using spams and, if required debuffs. If the mob is not dead before the Fear ends, use another trap (Lightning Trap or Steadfast Shadowflame) to stop it from attacking you, or Windy Shackle to greatly decrease its attack speed and tank it. Again Corpse MP Drain, as well as groceries, is your friend in keeping your MP up.
When playing in a dungeon party, the Warlock is a very strong ally. Not only in terms of dealing direct damage, but also helping the other party members dealing more, and taking less, damage by keeping the mobs debuffed. When a Chaos Magician is not present, it is also the Warlock's job to make sure the party stays buffed.
In the past, there was such a thing as a Daggerlock. This Warlock, wielding Dirk and Shield, was viable back then because the damage output was only slightly lower due to magic playing an inferior role, and greater survivability. As of Epic 5 however, magic has been boosted and the Daggerlock has all but disappeared in favor of the spellcasting, FA/LB spamming Warlock equipped with a 2H Staff to maximize damage output.
The Warlock is not for everyone though, and is a very challenging job class. It is recommended to plan ahead from the very beginning before creating a Warlock.
Strengths[edit | edit source]
- Powerful AoE debuffs
- Trap skills
- Corpse skills
- Excellent crowd-control skills
- Highest damage for spam skills
- Strength of Darkness and Shield of Nightmare selfbuffs
Weaknesses[edit | edit source]
- Comparatively low P.Def, even with Shield of Nightmare
- Spams skills generate quite a bit of aggro
- Corpse skills cannot be used in PvP
Recommended Builds[edit | edit source]
- Int/Vit - Useful at lower levels for higher defense and damage output. By R5 Wis becomes more important.
- Int/Wis - Use mainly when soloing field mobs, Vit is less important there since the mob is dead before it reaches you.
- Vit/Wis - Best in DPs to keep damage output in check (less aggro), better survivability (Vit) and less fails when casting debuffs (Wis).
- M. Atk/Int - Highest possible damage output at the cost of poor survivability.
- M. Atk/MP Recov - Useful at lower levels for faster mana regeneration and damage output.
Recommended pets[edit | edit source]
- Red Pixie - M.Atk toggle, strong damage attacks. Great for soloing.
- Blue Pixie - MP Regen toggle, healing skills. Good for soloing and parties.
- Siren - M.Atk/MAcc toggle, debuff skills. Used mainly for PvP.
- Unicorn - Max MP toggle, Healing skill similar to Angel's, main magic skill has a blind debuff as added effect, has a buff that increases move speed on player and pet(good for farming), has a targetable buff that heals Hp opon being attacked.
- Angel - M.Atk/P.Def toggle, Hybrid pet, less healing skill than Blue Pixie, less damage than Red Pixie. Also is a Melee pet, making it harder to match up with Warlocks ranged attacks
- White Dragon - M.Atk/P.Def toggle, tanking and mega damage skills. Best pet for magic classes, but near impossible to get.
- Naga - M.Atk toggle, many debuff skills. Great for soloing, PvP and parties.
- Ifrit - M.Atk M.def toggle, Has one large heal with a HOT included. and very strong attacks. Very good pet overall
Notable skills[edit | edit source]
- Mana Burn - Attack skill. Decreases the target's MP by burning away MP causing damage. PVP only skill
- Shadow Atrophia - Attack skill. Causes PDef/MDef debuff and DoT on target and nearby enemies.
- Fog of Horror - Debuff skill. Inflicts nightmare on a target and nearby enemies.
- Wide Windy Shackles - Debuff skill. Greatly decreases the attack speed of the target and nearby enemies.
- Strength of Darkness - Self buff skill. Increases melee and magic attack power. Chance on hit to add shadow damage.
- Shield of Nightmare - Self buff skill. Increases melee and magic defense power.
- Steadfast Shadowflame - Trap skill. When triggered deals initial damage and roots nearby enemies in place.
- Lightning Trap - Trap skill. When triggered deals initial damage and stuns on target and nearby enemies.
- Fear Trap - Trap skill. When triggered deals initial damage and inflicts fear on target and nearby enemies.
- Stench of Armistice - Corpse skill. Causes damage to target and nearby enemies and prevents physical attacks for a short time. Functions very similar to the Blind Debuff
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Since Epic 5, the only real weapon for a Warlock is the 2H staff. Dagger and Shield are only options if you really really REALLY ... REALLY cannot afford a staff. 1H staff and shield can be useful for pvp situations such as dueling classes that will get the first hit on you, for example assassins, or running through a dangerous dungeon.
Warlocks are only able to don magician armor. Magician armor provides VERY little physical defense, but compromises in magical defense. Below is an overview of armor that Warlocks may wear.
As explained in the Recommended Builds part, Warlocks benefit most from Int, Vit and Wis stones.
Weapons[edit | edit source]
Costumes[edit | edit source]
|Demonhide Garb||Hellish Garb|
|Sacred Robe||Druid of Belief|
|Steel Devil Robe||Meteoric Robe||Druid of Proud|
|Robe of Rejection||Druid of Departed Soul|
||Lv 150||Lv 155||Lv 160|
|Crystalline Robe||Nemesis Armor||Stasis Robe|
Helmets[edit | edit source]
|Wooden Helmet||Kypa||Circlet of Concentration|
|Bone Helmet||War Gear||Spirit Linker|
|Excellent Helm||War Helm||Vision of Soul|
|Ancient Helm||Illusionary Mind|
|Guard's Helm||Enlightened Sight|
Job level bonus stats[edit | edit source]
Skills[edit | edit source]
- Job Level 1
- Job Level 5
- Job Level 10
- Job Level 15
- Job Level 20
- Job Level 25
- Job Level 30
- Job Level 35
- Job Level 40